Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Never a Dull Moment...

Our poor baby had her second and third ER visit over the weekend. She had a mild cough Sat night and by early Sunday morning she was weezing and had labored breathing. So once again we made our way to the St Francis emergency room. After two HOUR long breathing treatments, stereoids, chest x-rays, tons of tests, another double ear infection and 8 hours of fun...we were discharged, only to get prescriptions filled and mom got to take a shower and then back we went. After two more hours, in the hallway with a styrofoam cup that had oxygen hoses taped to it, Addison was admitted to the Children's hospital with bronchiolitis (I had never heard of it before). We stayed overnight and she was released on Monday afternoon. They were wonderful! Addison actually loved the huge metal crib and liked the doctors and nurses too. We will be going to the ENT for tubes soon.

She was such a good happy baby, despite how sick she was. Here are a couple of pictures with her nebulizer, which she now reaches for with a smile.



Addison loves to lean into the mask and squish her face. It makes me laugh...she is so silly...

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my! Poor baby girl! What a weekend. I really hope she is done with this whole sickness.

sandybiggs said...

I'm so glad she is doing better! Be sure to let me know when she goes in for the tubes!

Anthony & Kari said...

My goodness. That poor baby girl. It's so hard to see your babies so sick like that and I know it takes a lot out of mommy to. I hope she's getting better. Oh, Anthony does get off at 4:00 that Monday so we can get together.

Ashlee Osborn said...

That's so sad! She is such a trooper. I hope that is the last of her ER visits.

Taylor and Jessica Hagan said...

Awww sweet thing! At least she likes the mask... I bet YOU're stressed though, huh? I hope there are no more ER visits in your future...

Mandi said...

My goodness, poor sweet baby! What an ordeal and she's just all smiles!! I hope that's the end of the ER for you guys :0)

Stacy said...

Poor sweet baby I hope she is well from here on! We will keep her in our prayers. Miss you!

Annie said...

Poor sweetie!!! She looks so happy to be getting her breathing treatments! Cooper's first year of life was alot like Addison's, he was sick alot! After his tubes he is fairly healthy.